IntaCloud uses the latest server replication technologies for VMware that allow replication at the Hypervisor level. Hardware agnostic virtual replication appliances (VRA) deployed directly inside the virtual infrastructure continuously replicate data from selected virtual machines by capturing the IO stream. Therefore, each time a machine writes to its virtual disks, the write command is captured, cloned and then sent to the recovery site. This gives you journal based, any point in time recovery, without the need for continuous snapshots. All of this is managed at the vCentre level and allows for one click failover and failback of one or multiple servers.
Server Replication is offered as a managed replication service that is designed to run across Layer 2 Networks to enhance the predictability of Recovery Point Objective (RPO). Using this solution has extensive benefits, these are outlined below:
- No need to change IP addresses: due to operating the solution over Layer 2 the IP addresses can remain the same which means there is no need to change DNS records on failover.
- Bring online one or multiple servers: the Business Continuity solution runs as part of your own Network, therefore you have the ability to restore an individual server all the way through to restoring an entire site the VMware Vapps are protecting.
- RPO and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) tailored to applications: you can specify the RPO and RTO for your applications so that your business continuity plan fits business requirements.
- One click failover and failback: Allowing for one click recovery to the business continuity site and one click failback to the primary site once normal service is resumed. All with minimal disruption to your end-users due to the advantage of operating over Layer 2.
- Protect entire applications by selecting the individual VMs that are part of the application.
- Consistent application protection and recovery with our Virtual Protection Group, with or without volume shadow service (VSS) support.
- Test failover with the click of a button, while maintaining protection of your production application.
- Recover from logical errors with ‘point-in-time’ recovery, enabling you to failover to a previous point in time up to five days.
- An RPO measured in terms of seconds, not minutes, with the use of continuous replication.
- Recover applications instantly and automatically, providing an RTO of minutes, not hours.
- Protect thousands of virtual machines with scale-out replication architecture.
- Reduce application performance impact to zero by eliminating snapshots.
- Recover from logical or operator errors with journal-based, point-in-time recovery.
- Monitor and report on the status of your server replication, with built-in reporting and performance user interface.
- Support for VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Transmission, compression and bandwidth scheduling features ensure ideal performance over the WAN.
- vCloud Director integration, seamlessly protects and recovers vApps.
Automation: failover, failback and testing are all automated, both in vCenter and vCloud environments.
The centralised management of the replication solution simplifies tasks, ensuring application availability is optimised. Server replication supports up to five days’ worth of multiple recovery points, depending on the change rate of the server. This allows recovery from corruption of the primary servers’ data, applications and operating system.
IntaCloud’s solution allows our customers to meet an RTO of four hours with an RPO of any point in time over the previous five days. IntaCloud believes that the Server Replication service offers the best ROI for our customers to meet its target RPO and RTO. From a hardware perspective, we use enterprise-grade Servers with multiple power and Network feeds and distribute our IaaS environments across a number of blades to ensure no single hardware or network failure can disrupt your service.
Discover How We Can Help
We offer tailored solutions as well as bespoke data centre solutions.